5 easy ways to speed up your website
Having a website load fast is super important these days for a number of reasons. User experience being the number one reason, If your user can access your pages quicker they are more likely to go deeper into your website. This is good for your search engine optimization as site speed and user experience are top on the search engine land list of top factors for 2015. Companies like Amazon and Walmart have known this and are constantly trying to work on their site speed ,we are a Local SEO Saskatoon company. So how do you get your site faster?
Compress your Images for SEO
- Compress Images – all your images that are on your site or going onto your site. If you have a word press site you can install a plugin that can take care of this such as:
Or if you don’t have a WordPress site you can compress your images offline and replace current images.
Better SEO Web Hosting
- New Hosting -Your webhosting is a major source of slow website loading , you can look for a faster host or signup for a dedicated host or a virtual private server. One of the easiest wasy to speed up your host is a to signup for a content delivery network like Cloudflare , you basically run your webhosting services through their name servers. This can dramatically speed your site and its pretty easy to do
- Enable cookies and cache- this can help returning visitors speed up their next visit by delivering content already on their computer via the cookie and cache setting. Basically the webpage info is stored locally on their computer once they visit, dramatically reducing the loading time.
- Reduce and cleanup unnecessary code. CMS like WordPress often have extra code and plugins that are not needed. For example often there are at least 2-3 templates loaded that are not being used, they need to be deleted. Get rid of any large forms or extra pages that don’t serve a purpose.
- Test your site after you make changes and compare it to your competitors use site like Pingdom speed test found here http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
What Speed does for your SEO
If you can speed your site up by 5-15% you will see a increase in click through rate , page views and unique visitors which should translate to more sales and more leads.