SEO and its Types
SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. It is basically a combination of techniques, strategies, and tactics that are used to boost the traffic of the websites by placing them high on top of the search engines result in the page such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
SERP or search engine result page is the web page that a search engine comes back with the results of the search. The search engine mainly shows three kinds of listing-
- Indexed listings by search engine spider
- Listing that has been manually indexed into the search engine
- Paid listings
Types of SEO
There are two areas that the search engine looks at when assessing the sites:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- On-page SEO- It is also referred as on-site SEO. In this, different parts of the search engine are optimized that affect the search engine rankings. The owner of the website has control over on-page SEO, and he can make changes in them. Some of the biggest factors that are included in on-page SEO are:
– Title Tags: It should include the targeted keyword of the website.
– Headings (H1): It is an effective idea to use the keywords in the headings as they are the biggest words on the page and will accurately display the page content.
– URL Arrangement: Don’t change the old URLs unless there is a way to redirecting the old ones to the new page.
– Alt Text in the Images: Search Engine look for images on the basis of the alt text tag, so it is important that the images include the keywords.
– Page loading speed: People go online to get information as quickly as possible, so page loading page should be faster to get a higher ranking.
– The Content of the Page: The content of the web page should be useful to the visitors and the search engines.
– Internal Linking: Linking to another page of the website helps in getting more visitors, and it is important for search engines.
- Off-Page SEO: In this, the SEO analysts focus mainly on increasing the authority of the domain by getting more links from the other websites. There is a score known as “Domain Authority” that evaluates the authoritativeness of a website as compared to others. The number and quality of the backlinks are the main factors of off-page SEO. Some of the ways to build links to the websites are:
– Effective content
– Sharing on the social media platform
– Outreaching by emails
– Guest blogging on the related websites
While building links is vital, SEO professionals now realize that the quality of the links is more important than the quantity. One of the other important factors is writing quality and shareable content.
Earlier, people used to think that buying links is a good way of link building, but Google now penalizes this as it is considered as a way to manipulate page rank. The website also gets penalized if they submit the links to the directories whose main objective is to boost the domain authority.
Which one is more important?
There is no choosing between the two- On-page and Off-page SEO. They go hand in hand. One needs to work together on both of them to increase the search engine ranking. Search Engine Experts typically advise the company to work on their on-page SEO before focusing on the off-page SEO. On-page is the foundation of SEO, and thus it needs to be strong. Need local SEO In Red deer Or Calgary SEO services?